It took a while but summer has finally hit London, and it seems it will be here for a while (hopefully!).
Now the question everybody's asking is: what to do when it is this HOT in the city? Thankfully, TCB has been out an about checking many of the options available there, and here are our suggestions:
1. First of all, AVOID by all means the Central Line, unless you want to experience what hell would feel like.
2. #TreatYoSelf and have an off-the-charts icecream. Where?
- Milk Train Cafe, in Covent Garden, for the mesmerizing candy floss & matcha soft serve. Top choice for an insta-pic!
- Yolki, near The Strand, for home made macaron icecream sandwiches; though beware they only serve over the weekend and until resources last!
- Gelupo, my old time favourite in Soho, for a proper italian gelato.
3. Deep Dive in one of London's lidos and natural ponds. Yep, they've got that in the city!
- If you like a proper swimmingpool style spot (called Lido in the UK), then I would suggest going to Brockwell Lido or Tooting Bec Lido, as these are the ones with bigger capacity.
- However, my personal favourite (actually obsessed!) is Hampstead Heat Ladies Pond. Ditch the boys and take your #girlsquad with you; it will be more worth it than going to the mixed pond!
4. Dine Al-Fresco as much as you can. I particularly love going to Hackney Wick to indulge one of Crate Brewery's Wooden-fire pizzas and have delicious cocktails at Alfred Le Roy barge by the canal; though location-wise is a bit out of the way!
5. Sunbathe like you were at the Beach at Camden's fake Beach Club. I was a bit skeptical about it but we recently checked it out and it is actually a lot of fun! Kind of Ibiza vibes going on there, though no water around you.
7. If you are waaay too tired of the sun, then certainly visit the Jeff Koons exhibit at the Newport Gallery and have a snack at Damien's Hirst Pharmacy. That will keep you refreshed!