Badalona is the home town where I grew up, reason why I thought I should tribute one post to tell you all about this place.
I was born in Barcelona and I lived there until I was 10, when my parents decided they wanted to have a quieter lifestyle for us. I was very upset at first: changing of school, making new friends...but it all turned out for the best. It doesn't matter how much I complain about how would I love to have a place in the city, because being in Badalona certainly has its silver linings.
- Despite being one of the biggest cities in Catalonia (after Barcelona and L'Hospitalet) it has a village vibe to me: everybody knows eeeverybody. That's pretty sweet.
- It has one of the best music schools in the area, and I studied there from age 5 until I went to uni.
- The city centre is beautiful, specially the old part of town where it still looks like back in the Roman Empire times (Badalona was a Roman City after all).
- If you are a basketball fan, you are probably aware of Badalona already, but if you aren't, you should know it is known as the city of Basketball.
- It has the best ice-cream place in miles (Can Soler).
- My house is a 5 minute walk away from the beach AND beach bars. Period.
- I've got the best friends and had the best times here.
If you are travelling to Barcelona, I'd say you'd save tones of money by coming to its neighbour city. Not only you'll be only 20 min. away by public transport (sometimes even closer than staying in some parts of the Barcelona) but you'll get to experience a more relaxed yet amazing time.